Monday, October 17, 2016

...Do you take this woman as your bride?



This upcoming week marks a milestone in my life – I will be married for 25 years!  For a little less than half of my life, I have spent with the person that is special to me.  On the day you get married, you believe that it is forever, but do not really comprehend what that means (meant positively).  We wanted to be married and spend our life together and I remember clearly standing under the chuppah when Rabbi Krantz declared us husband and wife.  For 25 years, my life feels like it should…

In the ensuing years, besides for a few tough patches, life has been great together…we are truly partners in this venture together.  I am grateful to Debbie for many things in my life.  While it is always a good time to show ones appreciation, here is a rare occasion to publish some of them:

  • I am grateful for a friend asking me if I was looking for a “nice, Jewish girl.”
  • I am grateful for having the courage to make the call
  • I am grateful for you allowing me to be late one time (a bad habit at that time in my life)
  • I am grateful for having someone that I wished to excel for
  • I am grateful for you saying yes to marriage
  • I am grateful for you being a GREAT mother to our wonderful children
  • I am grateful for the children we have
  • I am grateful for the times we get to spend together
  • I am grateful for having our lives together
  • I am grateful for finding someone that “gets” me
  • I am grateful for finding someone that “puts up” with me
  • I am grateful for finding someone that looks after my family (sometimes better than me)
  • I am grateful for someone teaching me to say “I love you”
  • I am grateful for sharing our lives together
  • I am grateful for you being you
  • I am grateful we are different
  • I am grateful we still like to travel together
  • I am grateful for us
  • I am forever grateful you said “I do”

Here is to many, many more years of a happy marriage, continuing to make memories and living our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment